"Flight to Boracay island" Boracay Island Transportation Tip by iclee

Boracay Island Transportation: 159 reviews and 207 photos

Centennial Airport, Manila
by iclee

Philippine Airlines (PR) offered a promo rate of PHP4,200 under booking class ?K? until October of this year for Manila-Kalibo RT . PR flies to Kalibo daily. There are 2 flights as far as I know, ETD from Manila is 0935 and another afternoon flight. ETA from Kalibo is a morning flight and one at 1645. The new Centennial airport was a far cry from the old domestic airport. I?ve seen plenty of international airports and always felt bad that our own airports can?t even give the basic semblance of a presentable airport. I paid PHP100/person terminal fee. The waiting lounge conveniently offered food spots like Deli France, Red Ribbon, Mister Donut, etc. Was surprised PR served the coffee-tea-or juice with snacks during the 50 minute flight. Island Express was our land-boat trip operator. From Kalibo airport, we rode a van for 1 hours to reach the jetty port the will lead to Boracay island. Very bumpy ride though very scenic as soon as one reaches leaves Kalibo. We paid PHP20/person in the jetty port where the RORO (Roll On-Roll Off) vessel docks, too. We signed a manifesto before riding our banca that would take us on a 20 minute trip to reach the island. I saw a Coast Guard boat standing by. Felt better their presence can deter hostile elements.

Mode: TO
Phone: 63-855-8888
Type: Airplane
Website: http://www.philippineair.com

• Written Jul 16, 2004

Have you been to Boracay Island?