"700-year-old salt mine" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Krakow Off The Beaten Path: 270 reviews and 404 photos
The Cracow Salt-Works Museum, the most important mining museum in Europe, is located in the original underground excavations of the 700-year-old salt mine in Wieliczka, which was placed in 1978 by UNESCO on the first List of World Cultural and Natural Heritage. The Museum is centrally administered unit under the Ministry of Art and Culture.
'Wieliczka' Salt Mine is situated 10 kilometres to the east of Krakow, on the E 40 route. The Mine is accessible from Krakow Main Railway Station (Dworzec Glowny) by LUX-BUS minibuses.
MORE INFO: Wieliczka Salt Mine travelogue.
More Reviews (325)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels