"Guarded parking lots" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1
Krakow Warnings and Dangers: 108 reviews and 94 photos
The acute shortage of parking space in downtown Krakow (follow the link below to see map) is most unnerving to drivers, with parking lots rather expensive ($1-$2 an hour) and insufficient. And although parking in the streets in the very city center is paid as well in the daytime?to the tune of some $0.75 an hour?it is hard to find a free place to leave your car.
The best located is a guarded parking lot in Plac Szczepanski - very close to the Main Market Square (west of) and usually there are free places there :-). Almost all streets in the Old Town are closed to traffic just except the entry to this square.
Not so easy to get there - there is only one way to get there. Get the map of Krakow and follow the itinery:
1. Drive north Al. (=Ave.) Adama Mickiewicza (it's west of the old town),
2. Turn right to Karmelicka Street *with trams),
3. Turn left Stefana Batorego Street (hmmm... no sign with the name of this street at its beginning, if you miss it and drive straight Karmelicka you will see maybe 100m ahead road sign: traffic not allowed - turn U here and drive back - turn right to Stefana Batorego now haha);
4. At the end turn right Lobzowska Street,
5. At the end turn left (look at the electronic table of parking Pl. Szczepanski if there is inscription FREE there) and just after a few meters turn right to Dunajewskiego Street (with trams in the middle),
6. Turn left to Szczepanska Street,
7. Ufff, you are in Szczepanski Plac - parking is in the middle of the square - turn left entering the square.
If in point 5 there is inscription RESERVED do NOT turn left, turn right to Garbarska Street and at the end of this street turn right - you are back in Karmelicka Street - look for big inscription on the left: PARKING - there is another, big one guarded parking there - always free parking places available.
More Reviews (331)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels