"Changing the guard....11.30 every day" Top 5 Page for this destination Ceremonial London Tip by sourbugger
Ceremonial London, London: 53 reviews and 55 photos
Favorite thing: I can't say I'm a great fan of watching a bunch of Army types in silly 17th century outfits walking about a bit, but many foreign tourists seem to see the 'changing of the guard' as one of the necessary 'must see' things to do in London.
It occurs every day at 11.30 during the summer (alternate days in winter) at Buckingham Palace. The whole thing lasts about 45 minutes. The website listed below will provide details of which section of the Army has the responsibility on a particular day and who provides the music.
The 'changing' bit means the troops are moving between diffrent royal sites and the barracks. They march from St James at about 11.15 up to Buck pally and return at 12.05.
More Favorites in London (21)
More Reviews (296)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Hampton court 1 : that famous maze.
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Britain at war 'Experience'.
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All SB's Olympic guide : Tip 20, the footie
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels