VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Imperial War Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Imperial War Museum Tip by Mariajoy

Imperial War Museum, London: 59 reviews and 120 photos

Easier said than done!
by Mariajoy

Easier said than done!
    by Mariajoy
  • Imperial War Museum - London

I spent years putting off going to the Imperial War Museum. I had no interest in what I thought was a museum dedicated to "militaria". But one day I read an article about this place... and I went. It was a very moving experience. One particular exhibition - the permanent Holocaust exhibition, I was barely able to continue viewing... I could only see and read so much. Yes there are old tanks, guns, weapons and great collection of planes but there really is so much more.... (and I never expected to find a piece of the Berlin wall in the beautiful grounds!) There is a lovely (small) restaurant there too.

There are a lot of hands on, interactive displays geared towards children and a very realistic (I'm guessing of course - I wasn't actually there) reconstruction of a WW1 trench and a WWII Blitz experience.

Definitely well worth visiting.

Address: Lambeth Road SE1
Directions: Waterloo Station, Elephant and Castle (Bakerloo line)
Phone: +44 20 7416 5000
Website: http://london.iwm.org.uk

• Updated May 15, 2006

Comments

Mariajoy Was Born Here!

Have you been to London?