VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Real Mexican Atmosphere" El Pueblito Beach Hotel Tip by angel3ca

El Pueblito Beach Hotel, Cancún: 456 reviews and 5 photos

The El Pueblito was certainly the most Mexican looking of all the resorts in Cancun, it had a real local ambience. I can't really say anything terribly bad about this place. I stayed there with 4 other friends in March of 2002. The rooms were fairly nice, very Spanish looking. The bathrooms were a good size. We had a pretty decent view. I do have to say that the staff was always very friendly, especially Jose the bartender. The staff was pretty accomodating - and tried their best to make your stay comfortable.
It was by no means a 4 star hotel, the amenities and the hotel itself were clearly dated and could use some remodeling, but again....they were absolutely up to par and comfortable.
The only thing I could complain about was the lack of choices as far as restaurants and bars. I did enjoy most of the buffet food, the pool bar was alright. And there were only 2 bars, that weren't open that late and the drinks were pretty watered down. But we weren't really concerned since we went out alot. Overall, i would definitely recommend this hotel for someone on a tight budget...it had everything you needed. I'm going back at the end of Jul 2004 and this time i'm trying the Oasis Cancun....hope its at least as good!!!

Unique Qualities: Great, huge interconnecting pools!!!!!
The room view we had wasn't the greatest, but i'm sure an ocean view would be incredible.
The facilities were a little dated, but always clean and maintained as well as possible
The beach at this hotel wasn't the best....very small.

Address: Blvd. Kukulcan Km 17.5 ZH, , Canc?n, Estado de Qui
Price Comparison: least expensive
Phone: 885 8800
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.pueblitohotels.com/

• Written Jul 13, 2004

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Cancún?