Original Pantry Cafe: "This is overrated" Original Pantry Cafe Tip by jenneybumble

Original Pantry Cafe, Los Angeles: 7 reviews and 5 photos

After reading all the reviews from here, we decided to check it out. As we pulled into the parking lot ($1 flat rate) last Saturday, I saw a line at the entrance. I thought to myself "This must be good enough to be this crowded around 9am". As we come in, I ordered the breakfast with ham for $7, and Jenney ordered the T bone steak and eggs for $14.

They gave you generous portion. But that's about it. Nothing else is remarkable. It may be just a matter of taste, but I don't like their breakfast potatoes (some where between mash potatoes and hashbrown), and Jenney never stop complaining about her T-bone (she's a good cook, so her points were: they didn't give you a real T-bone cut, and they didn't grill the steak but instead frying it).

Favorite Dish: But once again, what else can you really do with basic breakfast dish like Ham and Eggs? Only if you can make it cheap enough, then perhaps it would be worth the value. So, I am completely confused as why would people lining up for this place at the door. May be it's just our taste, and our high demand for good value or something...

Address: 877 S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90017
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (213) 972-9279
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 2
Theme: American
Website: http://www.pantrycafe.com

• Updated Jul 12, 2004

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Los Angeles?