Woodstock Inn on the Millstream: "Cute Inn with a B&B feel" Woodstock Hotel Tip by Beth75NJ

Woodstock Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

My boyfriend and I stayed here from Friday night to Sunday. The rates for our room (the cheapest) were $109/night including a very nice breakfast. This place was our compromise between my wanting a B&B and him not liking that intimacy and lack of privacy. This place has a strip of rooms with a small deck outside, then 2 other buildings as well with bigger, more elaborate rooms/efficincy's. I think you can rent the main house out as well.

The innkeepers, Bob and Pattie, were very nice and taped our key to the door to accomadate our late check in (9pm on friday).

There is a stream on the grounds with a nice swimming hole, lots of places and nooks to sit and read, chat, have breakfast or look at the stars. The soda machine was out of order so they filled the communtiy fridge with soda and a paper cup with a sign that said 'soda $1". I really liked the trusting vibe and comfortable atmosphere.

The room we stayed in was tiny but very cute and adequete. THere was a small bathroom with just a shower (with great water pressure) but no tub. We had cable and air conditioning, a full size (very comfy) bed and a dresser and chair.

Puff is the resident pooch. A very friendly pomeranian who is sure to capture your heart.

It's just a short walk to main street.

I would recommend it for sure!

Unique Qualities: Perfect country Inn. Swimming hole on the grounds and lots of beautiful gardens. The inn keepers are very helpful and knowledgeable of activities and other things going on in the surrounding areas.

Address: 48 Tannery Brook Road Woodstock, NY
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: pass the village green on your right. There will be dharmawear (store) on your right and Joshua's restaraunt on your left. Turn left onto Tannery Brooke Road. Follow this down and around the bend. Woodstock inn on the millstream will be on your right
Phone: 845-679-8211/800-697-8211
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Inn
Website: http://www.woodstock-inn-ny.com/

• Written Jul 12, 2004

“I want to go there!”

Have you been to Woodstock?