"VENICE IS ALWAYS TO BE MY FAVORITE PLACE" Europe Things to Do Tip by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly

Europe Things to Do: 1,313 reviews and 2,177 photos

I've traveled part of the world, so to pick just one favorite place... perhaps an example of adapting, even foolishly, to circumstances by making "lemonade out of lemons". VENICE is always to be the best favorite place on earth. Crusing along the Grand Canal is a memorable experience - the canal was liquid lights as we glided. Pausing at the water's edge, gazing across St. Mark's Square, the sound of a lone piper echoed across the water... Now that's what I call the best, most exciting, most scenic boat ride I ever had. I walked through the back alleys and got lost. Turned a corner and popped out on St. Mark's Square, that first moment took my breath away. I saw something I had only dreamed of. Even on late afternoon St. Mark's Square was wonderful (and crowded). There is nothing more romantic than a late-afternoon stroll across the square with.... oh... more than a hundred other people! I can still see it now in my mind. Darn, I miss it already!!

• Written Jul 11, 2004

Comments

I-Believe-I-Can-Fly

“aaah... can't wait to hit the road again!”

Have you been to Europe?