"Be careful what you eat in Ukraine!" Donets'k Warnings Or Dangers Tip by stella-artois

Donets'k Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 5 photos

I got home from my trip to Ukraine and the next day I woke up with a sore throat from HELL. It was bad, like nothing I had ever felt before. I went to the Doctor and was prescribed some medicine. It didnt work and I went back to see him a second time. This time he informs me that I picked up some strange organism while in Ukraine. It is an organism that is only found in cow feces. Yep, cow poop. He had never seen it before and it took 5 weeks for me to finally get rid of it. Since I wasnt walking around gobbling up cow patties, I figure I must have gotten it from eating a salad. My guess is that the vegetables were grown with the help of cow manure and they didn't get washed properly before I was unlucky enough to eat it. I would think that any of the cooked food that I ate would have been ok because the cooking process should have killed any organisms. I really dont know how I got this nasty little organism so I'll just say be careful what you eat.

• Written Jul 9, 2004

More Warnings and Dangers in Donets'k (1)

Comments

stella-artois

“SEE THE WORLD---NOW NOT LATER”

Have you been to Donets'k?