"More info?" Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Favorite Tip by matcrazy1
Vilnius Favorites: 71 reviews and 81 photos
Favorite thing: Before I went to Vilnius:
1. I read some pages on Vilnius on Virtual Tourist here
2. I used the tool "Find Hotel Deals" on the above page to check the prices of accommodations (hmm... I couldn't book any as I wasn't sure my dates).
3. I read latest discussions on Vilnius in VT Travel Forum here.
4. I bought a travel book in Polish: "Wilno. Barok z kamienia i oblokow" (192 p.). My recommendation: up-to-date practical info, great info on history and great description + maps of 8 walking tours (+ trip to Trakai). Hmm... still 5 to do including very interesting tour around Jewish Vilnius!
5. I bought Polish version of Rough Guide travel book to Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Kaliningrad district and a map of these countries.
1. I bought travel guide to Vilnius by Tomas Venclova (Polish version: Wilno, 214 p.) at the Gediminas Tower. It was available for sure in English and Lithuanian as well - my recommendation! Hmm... 42.00 Lt was a little bit much but... I found inside: a lot of lovely pictures and well written, with some passion info on history of Vilnius and point by point on its 78 tourist attractions. No practical info there.
On the web I found tons of info on the following portals:
Vilnius City Paper
Vilnius in your pocket
Vilnius City Municipality
More Reviews (379)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels