"Hordes of tourists in Vilnius?" Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1
Vilnius Warnings and Dangers: 60 reviews and 39 photos
I was in Vilnius twice, in May and in June 2004, both times on business days. The city was not crowded with hordes of tourists but... When I was for the second time I met crowds visiting Rasu Cemetery. A few buses from Poland came at one time.
Well, I found Vilnius the city visited by thousands of visitors from Poland arriving in groups by buses. OK, it was long free weekend in Poland in June when Corpus Christi catholic holiday was on Thursday. Except less comfortable sightseeing, the large number of visitors from Poland fully booked all (or almost all) medium-priced accommodations. I had to wait a bit to buy a guide-book (in Polish) to Rasu cemetery.
Polish long weekends are close to the following dates:
- 1-3 May,
- in June when Corpus Christi catholic holiday is (always on Thursday, I was just that time!)
- in August (15th is a catholic holiday).
Expect no vacancy in hotels and book in advance for these days!
More Warnings and Dangers in Vilnius (22)
More Reviews (366)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels