"No pews" Top 5 Page for this destination Churches Tip by matcrazy1
Churches, Vilnius: 12 reviews and 12 photos
There were no pews inside orthodox churches, including interior of Znamienska Orthodox Church. There were a few prayers, everyone was standing, though most of the worshippers were elderly women.
The church had a high ceiling, maybe fifteen meters (fifty feet) high, with domes that went up higher. There ware tables with candles and pictures of saints hang above (altars). There were beautiful chandeliers and paintings edged in gold.
More Off The Beaten Path in Vilnius (59)
More Reviews (329)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels