"McIntire Historic District" Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Things to Do Tip by RhondaRuth
Salem Things to Do: 166 reviews and 334 photos
Starting at the corner of Essex and North Street across from the Witches House is a sign and information on the McIntire Historic District.
From here you can easily walk around and explore the handsome and interesting streets of the McIntire Historic District.
Even today the McIntire Historic District still offers an extraordinary array of fine residential period architecture, as well as a number of vintage public buildings and churches.
The distinctive McIntire Historic District encompasses an area with more than 300 historic structures. This urban walking tour, which takes you past several of architect Samuel McIntire's significant houses, includes magnificent sea captains' houses as well as humble workers' cottages. It covers a little over a mile and takes about 45 minutes. The route is marked on posts and sidewalk plaques by a sheaf of wheat, designed by McIntire to symbolize Salem's prosperity.
Address: Starting Point: 310 Essex Street, Salem, MA
Directions: The walking tour begins at the Witch House, on the corner of North and Essex Streets.
More Things to Do in Salem (14)
More Reviews (33)
- See All A Bewitching good meal ...
- Don't forget to pack your costume!
- See All Walk the Mall ... at the Essex St....
- See All Fun for all ages
- See All Salem Trolley -- Historic Tours of Salem
- See All Boating and Sailing on Salem Sound
- See All Some of the homes are FREE to tour ...
- Salem's Wax Museum of Witches &...
- See All Tour one of the private homes from the...
- Ghouls and Goblins walk the streets!
- See All Rich in History!
- Watch out for strange...
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Have you been to Salem?Share Your Travels