"The Witch House" Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Things to Do Tip by RhondaRuth
Salem Things to Do: 170 reviews and 343 photos
Jonathan Corwin, a Salem merchant was living here in 1692. Corwin presided over many of the witchcraft examinations and later served on the Court of Oyer and Terminer. Although the house is known locally as the "Witch House," no person accused of witchcraft either lived or was imprisoned here. The house is open to the public. There is an admission charge. For that reason, I would call it a "Tourist Trap", but it might be interesting to take the tour to see what a house of this age would look like. I have yet to decide if I want to spare the money and see.
Address: 310 1/2 Essex Street
Directions: Corner of Essex and North St.
More Things to Do in Salem (14)
More Reviews (33)
- See All A Bewitching good meal ...
- Don't forget to pack your costume!
- See All Walk the Mall ... at the Essex St....
- See All Fun for all ages
- See All Salem Trolley -- Historic Tours of Salem
- See All Boating and Sailing on Salem Sound
- See All Some of the homes are FREE to tour ...
- Salem's Wax Museum of Witches &...
- See All Tour one of the private homes from the...
- Ghouls and Goblins walk the streets!
- See All Rich in History!
- Watch out for strange...
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Have you been to Salem?Share Your Travels