"The saddest day during my journey" Killing Fields Tip by we2364

Killing Fields, Phnom Penh: 62 reviews and 167 photos

The momument sets out hundreds of skulls
by we2364

My friend advised me not to visit there in the first day as it is a sad place. I disapprovingly did not listen to his advice.

However, i am totally wrong. After touring around and listening to the introduction of the guide, I have my tear out. One of the reason is I feel how brutal people can be, how silly to control people's mind. More connectedly, it makes me thought about the massacre did by Japanese in my hometown during WWII. Comparing to what Japanese did, it is not comparable to see what Khem party did. However, i am not a nationalist and I have to suppress my feelings and tear as there is a Japanese girl in our tour group. We had good talks in the first beggining, but afterwards, we just remain silence to each other.

Crying, suppressing makes that day become the saddest one during my trip and I have a terrible night by not able to getting into sleep at all. Moreover, there is another seaman from Australia in our group and we occasionally meet again the next day. He told me his nephew suicided with gun one day before visiting to the field but he was advised by his relatives after visiting.

When it becomes sad, all the saddest things come together. But it is obviously better to have them all at a time instead of having it in different days.

What you see in the momument are just skulls piled up with many level.

Reason for killing(in my understanding): During the domination of Khem party, to rule and control people's mind makes them kill from kids to elders, from commons to intelligences.

Comparing to German's massacre to Jewish, it seems very little people know about Nanjing Massacre did by Japanese, which they kill 0.3millions of people within one week. And the worst thing is that Japanese government never admit their maleficence till today.

To know more about it(also the weblink):
Dec,13th,1937,the Japanese Army invaded into Nanjing and started a six month bloody massacre. The total victims ammounts to 0.3 Millions.

Website: http://www.china918.net/91803/njkill/eindex.htm

• Updated Jul 6, 2004

“The world is not touched by the beauty, but polluted by the darkness”

Have you been to Phnom Penh?