Matar Road Seafood Barbecue: "Not for the faint-hearted: BBQ Stingray" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Restaurant Tip by bpacker
Singapore Restaurants: 946 reviews and 1,240 photos
At first sight, this BBQ fish will scare the daylights out of you. Well, you'll see nothing but fiery red chilli ( known as sambal over here) . But beneath all the hot but delicious sauce is a yummiest tasting fish ever!
Yes, believe it or not, there are parts of the stingray ( the wings) that are edible and over here in Singapore, there's nothing we like better than to BBQ the dammed fish on hot coals till it's cooked to a succulent softness.
After that, it's drenched in special chilli sauce.
Favorite Dish: The chap from this eatery takes about 2 weeks to make his special sauce. Though it's spicy, it's very delicious...
If going to the East is too much of a hassle, you can order this in Newton Circus Food Centre.
Address: 51 Old Airport Road #01-131G
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Go to Old Airport Road Food Centre . It's pretty near the National Stadium.
Closed On: Tue & Wed
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Singapore (57)
More Reviews (82)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels