"KL JULY Meet - by city_guy off to Puchong" Audrey Things to Do Tip by Audrey118

Audrey Things to Do: 37 reviews and 49 photos

KL VT montly meets started late last year

July meet was hosted by city_guy aka David Jr. When you host you get to decide the venue!!!

David has been scouting around for appropriate meet up venue - some criteria to meet - it must be Halal to respect our Muslim frens, and hopeful in due time it must have a Vegetarian menu as demand calls for it

This month we headed for quite an off beaten path to ME at least. I take my hats to David for his courage to take us for a meet so far off city centre to Puchong. We all met up Malaysian time (meaning late) at KL Sentral KLIA CAT - undecided whether David said it was drop off or departure area.... I went with Queor aka Marcia with a tray warm dark chocolate cake on my lap.... and the smell of freshly baked cake obviosuly drove even my very stuffed nose crazy.
As if going for a treasure hunt, we tracked down through massive n messy highways

Bumbu Bali was pleasant surprise - the proprieter used to work for Hard Rock Cafe KLumpur and was transferred to HRC Bali, who met his beau there and came back to KLumpur to establish his dream place. It is rather an interesting place, the ambience is soothing, with small wooden tables, and has lots of Sundanese background music - what a shame there was no Kacak dances!!! never mind...the menu was mixed, it even had Apple Slaw and French Fries and choc brownie a la mode!! ...but the main sellers were of course Nasi Udok and Nasi Kuning accompanied with side dishes such as meat rendang, fried chicken etc. Food is served on banana leaves giving it an exotic feel.. There is a small gift shop at the corner...of course they were mainly Balinese wood carving, and I did eyed on some stone carving.

Directions: very close to Puchong Giant Hyper mart

• Written Jul 5, 2004

Comments

Audrey118

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Have you been to Audrey?