Nam San Otak , Joo Chiat: "Nonya food: Fish otak otak" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Restaurant Tip by bpacker
Singapore Restaurants: 946 reviews and 1,240 photos
Nothing entices me more than the fragrant aroma from the traditional Otak Otak or a form of spicy fish pate.
You'll usually find this pate wrapped cosily in a banana leaf wrapping. Don't be daft and attack the leaf, look beneath the leaf and you'll find a mixture of fish, spices and thick coconut cream. Yumm, this pate tastes heavenly as it is slowly barbecued over hot, glowing coals.
Favorite Dish: IMHO, the best otak otak comes from NamSan Otak in Joo Chiat Road. I simply love their makeral otak otak as it comes with succulent pieces of makeral . Yum! Even if you can't make it there, you should be able to find otak otak in most hawker centre stalls, wrapped in green leaves. Don't pay more than S$1 for one leaf.
Address: 267 Joo Chiat Road.
Price Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Singapore (57)
More Reviews (82)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels