"For the literary interested: Aulestad" Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Things to Do Tip by Saagar
Lillehammer Things to Do: 72 reviews and 111 photos
Aulestad is the farm and writers' den of Karoline and Bjornstjerne Bjornson. BB is one of the giants in Norwegian literary history, and much of our classical national literature comes from him, and his contemporaries such as Henrik Ibsen. BB was also an internationalist, who saw the Norwegian "soul" from the outside. He had a special significance for the cleebration of the national day, making it into a children's celebration.
Aulestad Farm is left as they left it - an operational farm, but treated as a museum under the administration of Maihaugen in Lillehammer. From Lillehammer town centre to Aulestad it
is about 15 kilometres by car or bus toward the north, up Gausdal valley.
There are regular tours of the main house in the summer, as well as special events. There are special tours for children at 13:00 every Sat & Sun from 26 June to 8 Aug. 2004.
Regular opening hours are July: 10-17:30, August 10-15:30.
othercontact: 2656 Follebu
Phone: +47 61224110
More Things to Do in Lillehammer (20)
More Reviews (58)
- See All Sjusjøen web camera and ski info
- See All Night itinerary in Lillehammer city...
- Storgaten - the main street pedestrian...
- See All Very popular among motorists and locals
- See All Blåmann for variety and taste
- See All Designer outerwear, fishing and hunting
- See All By ship to/from Lillehammer
- See All The Mesna River in winter
- Lillehammer was always a tourist trap
- Cold in Lillehammer...
- See All Drunks past midnight in more than one...
- See All The "spark"
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Lillehammer?Share Your Travels