L'Art Gourmand: "Good ice-cream" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Restaurant Tip by Elainehead

Nice Restaurants: 304 reviews and 340 photos

Mezzanine view
by Elainehead

Every time I passed this shop I would drool but I have never gone inside before because I always thought it was a tourist trap (expensive stuff and not necessarily good). Anyway, after having a very bad ice-cream not far from there (at Roberto), I was really eagering to giving it a try after reading Andrew's review on this place.

Keep in mind that once you are inside this shop, you might want to buy everything, I mean, if you are into chocolate, cookies, etc... Look straight, do not turn sideways and go to the back of the shop, where the ice-cream can be found.

Scoop of ice-cream = Boule de glace

Parfum = Flavor

Waffle cone (ice-cream) = Cornet (de glace)

Favorite Dish: The ice-cream is really good! There are many flavors such as Lavender, Calisson, etc., but flavors keep always changing and you may not find the flavor you wanted on the day you go there.

I have already tried "noix de coco" (coconut), "confiture de lait" (dulce de leche, VERY SWEET!) and my hubby, "banane chocolat" (banana chocolate). The only downside was the waffle cone, which was not fresh for the first time only, the last time they gave us fresh cones.

Prices:
One scoop: 2,20 Euros
2 scoops: 3 Euros

Mezzanine menu:
One scoop served on a ceramic bowl: 3 Euros

Address: 21 Rue du Marché 06300 (in Vieux-Nice)
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 04 93 62 51 79
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Ice Cream

• Updated May 15, 2005

Comments

Elainehead Lives Here!

Elainehead

“Everything is temporary these days...”

Have you been to Nice?