Cantina Tequila: "Outstanding value for money" Cape Town Restaurant Tip by cleocat

Cape Town Restaurants: 329 reviews and 366 photos

Cantina Tequila

Cantina Tequila
      Rian at Cantina Tequila
      Coctails at Cantina Tequila
    by cleocat

I was there 4 years ago and I remembered it to be a great night out. So many times when you go back to a place with high expectations you are disapointed. I'm glad to say this was even better as I remebered. During summer you can sit outside and look at the boats departing etc. The service is great and quick and the waiters are friendly and helpful.

Definitely a favourite in Cape town. The best at the V&A.

Favorite Dish: A combo which includes taco's, ribs (unbelievable) chicken, beans, rice, chips, calamari, and more for 2 people are R120. It was too much. If you are not a big eater ( my husband is and it was too much for us) 3 or 4 people can share it. The children helped and we still send some rice and chips back. There are also a range of cocktails that are a bit expensive but very nice. 2006 : The prices for the cocktails didn't go up so they are quite reasonable now. Compare well to other restaurants.

2006. Restaurant and food still as good as ever. Price increased. R160 for a platter for 2. Still as big as before. Still good value for money. 2 people can easily share a platter for one which is R85. I shared with Rian ( he can eat a lot) and we still had leftovers for Gary.
Gary had nachos this time. Excellent. About R40. Big plate and very tasty.

Address: V & A Waterfront
Comparison: about average
Directions: When you go out of the shopping area go down the steps to where all the boats are.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Mexican

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 16, 2006

Comments

cleocat

“so many places so little time”

Have you been to Cape Town?