Champion: "You'd never know to look at it..." Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Nightlife Tip by amambaw

Busan Nightlife: 19 reviews and 18 photos

I must say that after the bars back home, I never expected to ever see a place like this!

A small group of us (girls) went out on the town, and our Korean friend took us to this nightclub downtown called Champion. When we arrived, we were greeted by several well-dressed doormen who escorted us upstairs to a table. The club looked very clean and trendy as we walked in, very different than the other bars I have been to. We were seated at a booth in the middle of a sea of tables.

A quick description of the club. There must be about 70-80 tables in the club, and they can probably fit 500+ people in there! At the front of the club there is a very large dance floor, and a huge stage.

Once we were seated, we ordered some food and drinks (very pricey, a downside). We were then (unexpectedly) treated to an evening of Korean cabaret! Several performers and DJs performed renditions of fave Western and Korean songs (all modern stuff). The music was loud and easy to dance to. We Westerners were in histarics when some very handsome Korean men broke out into Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"! There is an ongoing light show, pyrotechnics, and a really neat laser/water combo that's to crazy to describe.

There were a few downsides. We were the only Westerners there, and it struck me that that was the usual. If you go, bring a phrasebook, or better yet, a Korean friend to help you with the servers and doormen. Another issue was the cost. Because the club is very flashy, it costs a lot to run it! There is no cover, but you are expected to order food, and the cheapest plate is 40,000 W.

Despite these downsides, it would definitely be worth seeing! I'm definitely planning on going back!

Dress Code: I got the impression that as long as you looked put together, you could wear whatever you want. Men, to be on the safe side, opt for pants instead of shorts.

Address: Semyeon
Directions: From Lotte Dept. head towards the big racoon statue. Go one block over (past McDonald's) and turn right. It's about 3-4 blocks down on the left hand side. Easy walk, don't know if cabbies would know is, though.
Theme: Nightclub

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jul 3, 2004

amambaw Used To Live Here!

“In order to pass a test, you must first take the test.”

Have you been to Busan?