VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Pura Vida Resort & Spa: "Perfect place to start the adventure...." Costa Rica Hotel Tip by lunabelle

Costa Rica Hotels: 495 reviews and 694 photos

The reservations were made prior to our arrival and there was a car waiting for us to take us to the hotel from the airport. We drove through San Jose into Alajuela. The resort is high up with an amazing view of the city. They had toucans in this little atrium and one of them got very friendly with me and came right over to get a taste of my sandal. The staff was great and extremely helpful. I would LOVE to go back!

Unique Qualities: Our "room" was a tent with a bed and a desk( I think) and a couple of nightstands. It has fairly spacious grounds, a wonderful dining area with awesome, authentic vegetarian food, a pool, a hottub, and a gorgeous yoga studio. There were some cabins which I didn't see the inside of and since we stayed in the tentalow, we had to use the public bathroom facilities which I found to be clean and empty.

Address: Alajuela, Costa Rica
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://puravidaspa.com

• Written Jul 3, 2004

Comments

lunabelle

“Keep your eye on the moon and your feet muddy....”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Costa Rica?