"Wild Maa at Vogel Gryff" Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Local Custom Tip by Myndo
Basel Local Customs: 27 reviews and 34 photos
The Wild Maa (wild man) is another of the three Representants of the three Ehrengesellschaften of the smaller Basel. (see under Vogel Gryff tip)
For a child is it an impressive and maybe frightening figure. It wears a crown and belt of ivy with apples in it and it is swinging a smaller tree ....
But the apples are special. The children are trying to "steal" one of them from the Wild Maa....
And if you are a woman and happen to get one of them as a present from the Wild Maa it is said that you are going to be pregnant - and soon!
7 kgs of apples the wild man has on him - but as you see in the picture they are all already gone ... so maybe he is not so a bad guy at all?
But uiuiui that tree can stitch if you happen to get to careless!
More Reviews (43)
- See All Euro Airport Basel Mulhouse (CH / F)
- The Joggeli
- See All hammering man
- See All For Jelly bear lovers
- See All Switzerlands highest building
- See All Problems finding an accomodation during...
- The Basel Card - good value for your...
- See All you found the "Three Kings" but do you...
- See All Open air cinema on the Münster place (in...
- See All New Toilets - beware!
Myndo's Related Pages
Have you been to Basel?Share Your Travels