"Apart from the obvious" Botswana Warnings Or Dangers Tip by ecoquester

Botswana Warnings and Dangers: 49 reviews and 44 photos

"this is my camp"
by ecoquester

Having traversed Africa one would expect you are aware.
We left South Africa nine people, three families in three vehicles equipped with everything.
My Trailer (I built myself) loaded with water and food to sustain us all for a 6 week trip, 4 hours out from Johannesburg we reached the Botswana Boarder, the trailer drew attention wherever we went and today was the turn of the customs inspector, he insisted that I burn all food produce immediately or leave it with the local people. He was not going to listen to any reasoning, or letter from the Botswana tourist authority listing the items we were allowed to take in.
My sister in law bless her heart, took out a can of bully beef from the trailer and pointed out to the officer that it was in fact "produce of Botswana" and the can was stamped "permitted for transport to Botswana".
The darling fellow threw his hands in the air and told us to move through, this gave us all reason to grin like Cheshire cat's, just as my wife slipped in the mud and fell flat on her fanny, Guess when things go in your favor you should be grateful right?.

• Updated Mar 13, 2011

Comments

ecoquester Visits Here Frequently!

ecoquester

“drive long, drive deep, never turn back”

Have you been to Botswana?