"General information" Top 5 Page for this destination Crowne Plaza Vilnius Tip by matcrazy1
Crowne Plaza Vilnius, Vilnius: 77 reviews and 3 photos
I didn't book any accommodation in Vilnius in advance because I wasn't sure which day I arrive. I was looking for my accommodation quite long in the evening and I finally found Crowne Plaza.
My 10 tips:
1. Vilnius (and generally Lithuania) is still relatively cheap country but hotels in Vilnius (and Lithuania) were not that cheap,
2. They were less expensive (most of 3- and 4-star hotels) in... weekends: Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun,
3. During my second trip to Lithuania there was no vacancy in a few 3-star hotels I visited or call to. Why? Well, they were fully booked by numerous groups of visitors from Poland as there was long free weekend in Poland that time. Well, new hotels in Vilnius were almost completed, soon... more.
4. Hotels in the old town were always more, even much more expensive than those located outside - you must pay much more for the location than for number of stars.
5. Hotels outside the old town had various location: from not nice location among Soviet style huge apartment buildings (Zemaites Hotel) to quite pretty location in green and safe areas of city (Crowne Plaza).
6. Special internet prices for rooms were (as I checked twice)... higher than real price at place.
7. At some hotels recepcionists were allowed to get you a discount (5-10%) esp. when you come late and they still had free rooms or they had deals with other hotels.
8. Most 3- and all 4-star hotels had guarded parking lots but usually additionally paid (sometimes much).
9. All hotels I visited were very clean (sterile). Standart of hotels was good although... my 5-star Crowne Plaza hotel looked the same as 4-star hotels in western Europe I was lucky to visit. What stands for 5-star? I never lived in any 5-star hotel yet :-).
10. Looking for a hotel in Vilnius via internet? Follow the links, please:
Unique Qualities: Vilnius hotels and accommodations on Virtual Tourist - look for hotel deals and/or read tips of other VT-ers!;
Vilnius Hotels Guide
Vilnius Accommodation Guide
Vilnius Hotels Net
Good luck :-)
Address: Mk Ciurlionio 84 St, , Vilnius LT 2600
Comparison: about average
Directions: Look here
othercontact: Fax: +370 (5) 2743411
Phone: +370 (5) 2743401
More Reviews (382)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Pilsudski then and now
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels