"Hiking maps for Greenland" Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Packing List Tip by Saagar
Greenland What to Pack: 5 reviews and 4 photos
Luggage and bags: Drybag for maps and valuables
Miscellaneous: Hiking maps are indispensable on Greenland. There is a series of maps called "Hiking Map .. (region)" published by greenland Tourism. They pretty much cover what you want to see and where you want to walk on Greenland, bu the scale is a bit too big at times. The maps are strong and well updated, however, somebody told me the glaciers have changed quite a bit since the map was made and uncovered new lakes and other hinderances.
In additions to this map series in 1:100 000, 1:75 000 and orienteering and recreational maps for the settlements, I know of a guide book that comes with a map of the hiking areas south of Ilulissat Kangerlua.
The maps you can buy in dedicated map shops (order: Greenland Tourism or Compukort, Kaerlodden 2, DK- Maarslet, Denmark), climbing shops as South Greenland is a climber's paradise, or at the airport and tourist offices on arrival Greenland. Skandinavisk Korthandel in Copenhagen had the full set..
More What to Pack in Greenland (1)
More Reviews (50)
- See All Travel agency specializing on Greenland
- See All Can't affort a polar bear skin?
- See All Net resources for East Greenland
- See All Travel agencies specializing in...
- See All Great pastels
- See All Convenient and good in Ilulissat
- See All While in transit in Copenhagen...
- See All Slippery slick rock
- See All Kayaking on Greenland
- Dubious Tourist Information Offices
- Midnight sun hike
- Greenland seafood and game buffet
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Greenland?Share Your Travels