"Good Value on Main Street" Top 5 Page for this destination Aspen Mountain Lodge Tip by Callavetta

Aspen Mountain Lodge, Aspen: 117 reviews and 1 photos

Aspen Mountain Lodge
by Callavetta

I booked a "garden room" at Aspen Mountain Lodge for this one night, scouting trip. Here's a tip: Do NOT book online. The rate is the same and they charge you a $20.00 "processing fee". You can call the hotel's 800 number and book directly without paying the fee.

The "garden room" is on the bottom floor, actually a bit lower than ground level. Two high windows look out at the feet of people on the sidewalks. The room itself was extremely comfortable. It included a queen bed and a day bed with roll out trundle. Cable TV, a fridge, in-room coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and real mugs, a desk, high speed internet access available for a price. The bathoom was really great. Lush towels and very nice ammenities made me very happy.

Being on the bottom floor, while cheaper, was not without it's negatives. When the guests upstairs walked across their floor I could hear every step. And when somebody became amorous at 5:30 AM, I also heard every thump. That was a little disconcerting.

A "continental" breakfast is included from 6:30 to 9:30 and offers self-service fresh belgian waffles, toast, bagels and cream cheese, english muffins, boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, coffee and tea.

Unique Qualities: A strange thing happened when I returned to the hotel at 10:00 pm. The parking lot was full and I had to park on the side street, where signs clearly mark that parking is "by permit only". When I told the hotel night attendant that I had to park there she told me that I needed to purchase a permit for $1.00. After I forked over my $1.00, I had to walk back to my car and put the permit in the window. I was pretty annoyed at this. Having just paid $188 for one night at the hotel, I thought they could at least have paid for my parking permit!

The negative feelings from that left me resolving not to return. But when I checked out in the morning, I discovered that they had actually credited me the $1.00. It would have been so much simpler and more customer service oriented if that night clerk had been better trained!

Address: 311 W Main St, Aspen, CO 81611
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On Main St. about 3 blocks from the main shops, restaurants and activites.

A free shuttle system will take you anywhere you need to go.

Phone: Toll Free: 800.362-7736
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.aspenmountainlodge.com

• Written Jun 27, 2004

More Hotels in Aspen (1)

Comments

Callavetta

“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

Have you been to Aspen?