"Where is the First Coast?" Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Favorite Tip by HSC123
Jacksonville General: 26 reviews and 20 photos
Favorite thing: The entire Atlantic and Gulf shoreline of Florida is divided into seven "coasts," each with its own nickname that is indicative of the area. The "First Coast" is, essentially another name for Greater Jacksonville as it refers to the northeastern stretch of beaches that run from Fernandina Beach, on Amelia Island, down through Flagler Beach, located a little over an hour south of Jacksonville. This area is called the First Coast because a.) it is historically the first coast discovered by Juan Ponce de Leon in 1513, b.) it is the first coast you reach when entering Florida from the north, and c.) some people argue that it is the state's best coast. Regardless of how you interpret the name, the First Coast is certainly a great place to be!
Jacksonville, of course, is the hub, but I have also created pages for 4 other cities located in the First Coast: Amelia Island, St. Augustine, Palm Coast, and Flagler Beach. Amelia Island and St. Augustine are considered part of the Jacksonville Metropolitan Area while Palm Coast and Flagler Beach are in small but rapidly growing Flagler County to the south.
More General in Jacksonville (13)
More Reviews (133)
- See All Jacksonville's Beach Town Center
- See All Catch some Jacksonville Suns baseball!
- See All Great beach life atmosphere!
- Avoid the Northwest Quadrant of the city
- See All Independence Day Fireworks
- See All Natural beauty and upscale pleasures by...
- See All St. Johns Town Center's landscaped Town...
- See All Intracoastal Waterway: Jacksonville's...
- See All Mathews Bridge
- See All A city that loves fireworks
- Beach Casual
Been to Jacksonville?Share your travels with the world!
HSC123's Related Pages
Have you been to Jacksonville?Share Your Travels