Hugo's: "Hugo's" Hong Kong Restaurant Tip by geekgrrl

Hong Kong Restaurants: 976 reviews and 1,256 photos

We had dined here in 1977 and had had such a lovely dinner that we wanted to return, even knowing that it would be a very expensive dinner. We went down at 7:15 and were seated right next to where we had been in 1977. This is a very lovely restaurant with incredible attention to service, and the food is excellent, too.

Favorite Dish: We were given celery, carrots, and pickles with a dip with our drinks. I ordered a Cosmo which was served in a Manhattan glass with ice which was really different, but it was good. We had lots of bread. I had cep mushroom soup with truffle, filet with Béarnaise sauce, baked potato, broccoli/mushroom/yellow zucchini. Bill had lobster bisque, sirloin with mushroom sauce, same veggies, a cigar from the cigar girl (who made a big deal of lighting the cigar). For dessert I had a chocolate soufflé which was just okay considering how wonderful the rest of the dinner was! Bill had a coffee Benedictine. Before the check, they brought the chocolate ice cream bon bons, a rose for me, and a small cigar for Bill.

Address: 67 Nathan Road Kowloon
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: At the Hyatt Regency in Kowloon
Phone: 852 2196 1234
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Other

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

geekgrrl

“The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see. ~G.K. Chesterton”

Have you been to Hong Kong?