"The Ghetto wooden bridge" Jewish Ghetto - Wooden Bridge Tip by adin
Jewish Ghetto - Wooden Bridge, Warsaw: 2 reviews and 2 photos
In many history books about the Holocaust and the Jewish Ghetto, there is that famous picture of the wooden bridge built to connect the 2 parts of the Jewish Ghetto, in order to avoid any interference with the "normal" life and trams (electric street car) movement bellow. The bridge was along Zelazna St. up over the Chlodna St. (see the map on part 2). In this picture one can see a building with balconies behind the bridge. After 1942 (and the beginning of the implementation of the "final solution" ) Zelazna / Chlodna St. became the border of the Jewish ghetto.
This was the place the Nazis had the HQ of the "Nordvache" zhandarmeria placed after the destruction of the "small Ghetto".
Address: Zelazna 75 corner of Chlodna
More Things to Do in Warsaw (18)
More Reviews (33)
- See All Budget HOTELS in the center
- See All Don't rent a car, use public
- See All The sweet world of WEDEL
- Bikes, Ski, Tenis - equipment and...
- See All SZU SZU is what it is in Polish...
- See All Very cheap, very basic, very centrally...
- Tygmont - nice and simple, to the point.
- See All Katyn - The long kept secret
- Bashka..... Bashka...... Bashka.......
- Don't forget the umbrella
- See All "Chinese food" on the street is a health...
- Be polite - it helps
adin's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels