"The Road To the Isles - Towards Malaig & Skye" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort William Things to Do Tip by scotlandscotour

Fort William Things to Do: 82 reviews and 118 photos

A beautiful, beautiful journey ... along the route taken by the train to Malaig (see other tips) but by road you get to stop off at Glenfinnan to photograph the viaduct, to explore the beaches by Arisaig and generally soak up the atmosphere (as long as you leave the car!)

See my General Tip about the hospital!
It was on this journey I had a bad cycling accident, resulting in the ambulance driving 20+ miles from Ft William to scrape me off the road. I'll spare you the details!

Funny story - Two passers by stopped their cars and brought first aid boxes to help me, as I lay bleeding. Both boxes contained miniature whisky bottles - so be warned - Scottish first-aid may be a bit primitive!!!
(Despite 'shock' I had the sense to refuse such hospitality - makes you think of the word though ... hospital.)

Good Map

Directions: Fort William - Malaig - Isle of Skye - A830
Website: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=210000.635645269&Y=770000.031339036&width=700&height=400&client=public&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1

• Updated Jun 21, 2004

Comments

scotlandscotour

“Explore gently ... with all you senses ... feel at home, where ever you may be! :-)”

Have you been to Fort William?