"Vaults and frescos" Top 5 Page for this destination Church of St. Francis and St Bernard Tip by matcrazy1
Church of St. Francis and St Bernard, Vilnius: 23 reviews and 38 photos
There were world's unique vaults covered by frescos from the beginning of 16th century inside the Church of St. Francis of Assisi (Bernardinai). They were painted on the walls of the church as well.
Well, they didn't look amazing as they were partly (mostly) destroyed. They depicted scenes from Holy Bible, showed portraits of saints, coat of arms and include floral ornaments.
Address: Maironio gatve 10, Vilnius
Directions: From the Cathedral Square walk Pilies gatve (Castle Street), turn first stree left (Bernardinu gatve), churches at its end, across Maironio gatve.
Phone: +370 (5) 260 92 92
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels