"Jacksonville or JAX?" Top 5 Page for this destination General Orientation Tip by HSC123
General Orientation, Jacksonville: 2 reviews and 1 photos
"JAX" may be the official abbreviation for the city's international airport but it has also been embraced by locals as the city's nickname, much like "LA" or "NYC." Therefore, if you ask people how to get to JAX, don't be surprised if they say that you're already here! After all, the locals refer to the airport as JIA, not JAX. And, on this same note, if you hear someone refer to "Jax Beach," they are really talking about Jacksonville Beach.
More Local Customs in Jacksonville (19)
More Reviews (127)
- See All Jacksonville's Beach Town Center
- See All Catch some Jacksonville Suns baseball!
- See All Great beach life atmosphere!
- Avoid the Northwest Quadrant of the city
- See All Natural beauty and upscale pleasures by...
- See All Lakes of grass
- See All St. Johns Town Center's landscaped Town...
- See All Intracoastal Waterway: Jacksonville's...
- See All Mathews Bridge
- See All A city that loves fireworks
- Beach Casual
Been to Jacksonville?Share your travels with the world!
HSC123's Related Pages
Have you been to Jacksonville?Share Your Travels