"Standing in Line for Garrett Popcorn Products" Top 5 Page for this destination Eating & Drinking Tip by deecat

Eating & Drinking, Chicago: 23 reviews and 21 photos

Garrett Popcorn Shop
by deecat

For about 55 years people in Chicago area have been enjoying Garrett Popcorn, Carmel Corn, and Cheese Corn. The popcorn is hot-air popped using no oils or fats. Many people, including myself, favor the Pecan Carmel Corn. It is to die for (and you might with all the calories)!
For 21 years the location at 670 North Michigan Avenue has been open. People literally line up (up to an hour at times) to purchase their favorite popcorn.
Today (June 16, 2004) I stood in line for half an hour relishing the thought of tasting the delicious Pecan Carmel Popcorn. When I finally made it up to the counter, it was all gone, so I had to settle for the delicious Carmel Corn.
If the workers were as sweet as the Carmel Corn, it would be a much better experience. Every time I have been there, the girls who wait on me and all the other people are rather rude. Today, the girl said in a gruff voice, "So, what do you want?" When I told her, she said, "Too bad, we're out. So, what do you want?" It's all in the tone of voice.
That's so discouraging to see all of the out of town guests being treated less than kindly.
It's a good thing that the product is so wonderful.
You can order on line. They have really "cool" tin canisters also. My favorite is the one with the Chicago Skyline on it.
When in Chicago, visit a Garrett Popcorn Store.

othercontact: toll-free (888)476-7267
Phone: (312)944-4739
Website: http://www.garrettpopcorn.com

• Written Jun 16, 2004

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?