"Fish traps in the rivers of Pokhara valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Animals and Agriculture Tip by Saagar
Animals and Agriculture, Pokhara: 5 reviews and 13 photos
In nearly all trhe sizeable tributaries to Sethi Khola coming in from various parts of Pokhara Valley there is an abundance of fish, and even freshwater crabs and shrimp.
In the more sizeable rivers there are ingenious semi-permanent fish traps made from bamboo. They are very well made and the concept is smart: You can close or activate according to need, and the smaller fish and fry passes through without being caught.
Directions: I have seen these in Sethi Khola, Shardi Khola, Burjung Khola, Dhoban Khola, Tal Khola, Harpan Khola and the Modi as well as the Madi.
More Things to Do in Pokhara (20)
More Reviews (54)
- See All Rupa Tal lake
- See All Hiring vehicles in Pokhara
- See All Modern amenities, sterile, but good on...
- See All Buying pashmina shawls
- See All Good atmosphere, good Italian food
- See All Pokhara Cyber Cafe
- See All Muggings on the Mardi to Peace Pagoda...
- See All Your mobile phone?
- See All Fishing in Rupa Tal
- See All Mahendrapul & Chipledhunga
- See All Relax and keep warm into the night on...
Been to Pokhara?Share your travels with the world!
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Pokhara?Share Your Travels