"Church at Kodamangalam" Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Things to Do Tip by cochinjew
Kochi Things to Do: 178 reviews and 421 photos
Attending a religious service, a non hindu one is an anthropological experience in Kerala. Since the christians and Moslems are racially the same people and converted into their religions from Hinduism, the hindus in Kerala are very tolerant of their "errrant" brothers. and the erstwhile Hindus while worshipping Christ or Mohamet has not given up many of the rituals of Hinduism and particularly many of the symbolism. Looking at a crowded service at Kodamangalam christian church, there were reminders of Hinduism everywhere and I was told by a local that these people are relatively new converts to Christianity, not like the ones who greeted Vasco da Gama..
Address: Kodamangalam on the way to Munnar
More Things to Do in Kochi (23)
More Reviews (108)
- See All Good Place for a nice south Indian meal
- See All NOT A GOOD CHOICE
- See All Air Asia from KL to Cochin
- See All India is the most Pro Israeli country in...
- See All Good South Indian Food
- See All On the Internet the Place looks fabulous
- See All Princess Street the Tourist Ghetto
- Adivasi, the original inhabitants of...
- See All antique stores along the jew town road
Been to Kochi?Share your travels with the world!
cochinjew's Related Pages
Have you been to Kochi?Share Your Travels