"Backwater trip for three hours" Top 5 Page for this destination Backwater Tip by cochinjew
Backwater, Kochi: 5 reviews and 14 photos
Por supuesto, you come all this way to Cochin and dont go on a Backwaters tour? Suresh will arrange for a pick up at the hotel and then one hour later, at Vaikom you board boats, in our case a small boat with just one oarsman and one guide and just two chairs
Emerging from the canal into the river Ita, 35ft at times , the canopy of the greenery with gentle reminders of the people who live in this area.. living here rather than intruding like we do. A cornucopia of botany.. i could recognize, palm trees from Borneo, Cacao from mexico, wild flowers of New Guinea, some australian visitors like myself ( Banksia) and oodles of coconut trees...
Address: Start from Vaikom 20 km from Cochin
Directions: Get in touch with Suresh at Travel Land and he would organize everything. also you could stay over there and enjoy a kerala village during the evening, and sumptous malayalee food at his house... and perhaps even visit a temple or two or a wedding.
More Things to Do in Kochi (23)
More Reviews (108)
- See All Good Place for a nice south Indian meal
- See All NOT A GOOD CHOICE
- See All Air Asia from KL to Cochin
- See All India is the most Pro Israeli country in...
- See All Good South Indian Food
- See All On the Internet the Place looks fabulous
- See All Princess Street the Tourist Ghetto
- Adivasi, the original inhabitants of...
- See All antique stores along the jew town road
Been to Kochi?Share your travels with the world!
cochinjew's Related Pages
Have you been to Kochi?Share Your Travels