"Kensington Edwardian a dump!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!" Avni Kensington Hotel Tip by wjstallings

Avni Kensington Hotel, London: 918 reviews and 0 photos

Our stay at this hotel was horrible. The hotel staff was not very friendly! Rooms were advertised as having Cable TV, Alarm Clock, and in-room telephone...It didn't have any of these items. I was told that they had to take them out and there was no way to get any of them during my stay. I needed a wake up call and I was told, by the man at the front desk, that they would knock on my door to wake me up. I didn't sleep because I knew they would not wake us and of course they didn't!

The room was dirty and had not been throughly cleaned after the last guest left. The bed was uncomfortable. People were coming in and out at all hours and we could hear ever word and every sound they made.

All we could do was deal with it for two nights...DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Unique Qualities: Room was not clean...Prior guest garbage was still in trash can. The shower was so small that I hit the water lever everytime I turned around.

Rooms small...No TV, phone, or alarm clock. Worst room I have have ever visited.

Picture shown was not an actual room in that hotel.

Found this on hotels.com and the pictures were not accurate. Spend the extra money for a different room.

There was not thing we liked about this place!

Address: 40-44 Harrington Gardens, South Kensington, London, SW7 4LT, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Kensington Gardens area
Phone: 020 7244 5700
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.avnikensingtonhotel.co.uk/

• Updated Jun 7, 2004

More Hotels in London (1)

Ranked Member