Belgo Centraal: "Covent Garden-Belgian food" Belgo Tip by Dabs

Belgo, London: 24 reviews and 26 photos

Moules frites
by Dabs

Last visit January 2008

I've eaten at Belgo several times, on my most recent visit it wasn't very crowded at lunch on a Monday. The restaurant is located in a rather funky basement, seating is at long communal tables and the noise level is loud when it's busy. If it hadn't been listed in virtually every guidebook I might have thought twice but I'm glad we stayed. The wait staff is all dressed in outfits to make them look like trappist monks, a little kitschy but I guess there are worse things you could have to wear to work.

There are several meal deals-lunch specials for L6.50 between 12 and 5:30 and Beat the Clock specials where you pay the price on the clock in the early evening hours. On my 1st visit it was dinner time and unfortunately we had to pay dinner prices and the meal ended up costing around L30 for two with one drink and dinner.

Service is always quick and friendly so I didn't mind the 12.5% gratuity that is automatically added to the bill here

Favorite Dish: Belgo features Belgian food and one of my favorites is Moules Frites. On my 1st visit I had a huge bowl of mussels Classique (cream sauce) and fries-delicious! On my 2nd visit I tried the mussels naturelle (cooked in white wine with onion and celery), I wasn't as thrilled with this selection but they didn't offer the Classique on the lunch special menu. The frites that came with both mayo and ketchup were delicious though.

There's an extensive list of Belgian beers, some of them fruit flavored, some brewed by trappist monks, ales, pilsners. You can see the whole list on the attached website.

Address: 50 Earlham Street

Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Other

• Updated Mar 5, 2013

Dabs Visits Here Frequently!

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to London?