"Entrance - gothic or not?" Top 5 Page for this destination Church of St Ann Tip by matcrazy1
Church of St Ann, Vilnius: 39 reviews and 69 photos
Principle entrances in Gothic style buildings are often recessed and arched. Just one example on my picture of St. Anne's church, although not the most typical for gothic, I think. As I know the pointed arch is the main identifiable feature of Gothic architecture (distinct from the round arch of the Romanesque period). Hmm... the arches of the entrance of St. Ann's church were not at all pointed.
I paid attention to heavy entrance gate/doors as well. They were forged in metal and very decorative.
Address: Maironio gatve 8, Vilnius
Directions: From the Cathedral Square walk Pilies gatve (Castle Street), turn first stree left (Bernardinu gatve), churches at its end, across Maironio gatve.
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels