VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Rain in Anadolu Kavagi" Istanbul Warnings Or Dangers Tip by MalenaN

Istanbul Warnings and Dangers: 283 reviews and 139 photos

One day in August I took the ferry from Istanbul, along the Bosphorus, to Anadolu Kavagi. The weather was nice and sunny. Arriving in Anadolu Kavagi I decided to walk up to the castle. It started to rain but I continued. More rain and more rain fell. It was absolutly pouring down and all people outside took shelter and waited, and waited. Finaly it rained a little bit less. I ran back to the mainstreet, but had to take shelter again. The raindropps were really heavy and I was completly wet. I had a fishsandwich (delisious) and waited. By the time the rain had stopped there was not enough time for visiting the castle.
Comming back to Istanbul I heard the whole day had been sunny. Some other people I spoke to had also had rain on their visit to Anadolu Kavagi. Maybe it rains more there as it is close to the Black Sea coast?

• Written Jun 5, 2004

More Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul (1)

Comments

Have you been to Istanbul?