"Chapel of Exiles (St. Mary)" Top 5 Page for this destination Cathedral of St Stanislav and St Vladislav Tip by matcrazy1
Cathedral of St Stanislav and St Vladislav, Vilnius: 69 reviews and 133 photos
This chapel was traditionally called of St. Mary Lady. There was large, wooden crucifix (middle of 18th century) moved there from another (closed) Vilnius church.
There was a commemorative plaque to honour millions of victims of the Soviet Union: detained, interrogated, imprisoned, tortured and exiled. It was uneviled in 1989 when the things started to change in this part of our globe.
Address: Katedros aikste 1, Vilnius
Directions: First chapel on the right when you enter the cathedral.
Phone: 261 11 27
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels