"Chapel of Gostautas and saint picture" Top 5 Page for this destination Cathedral Tip by matcrazy1
Cathedral, Vilnius: 65 reviews and 122 photos
Gostautas (Polish Gasztold) was a name of family of Lithuanian magnates which became prominent in the 15th and 16th century. Albrecht Gostautas was the Chancellor of Lithuania. He died in 1539 and was burried in Renaissance graves in Vilnius Cathedral in a chapel named by him.
There was a picture "Madonna of Sapiega" hang in this chapel. The catholics regarded this picture as saint.
Address: Katedros aikste 1, Vilnius
Directions: Second chapel on the right when you enter the cathedral.
Phone: 261 11 27
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels