"Sounds of Vilnius bells" Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Vilnius Local Customs: 135 reviews and 161 photos
I found a lot of churches in relatively small area of Vilnius old town. Many of them housed church bells inside the bell towers. I could hear them at least at every exact hour. Some of them used to ring every quarter as well. For example the numerous bells of the Vilnius Cathedaral which sounded deep and impressive.
The belfry tower of Vilnius Cathedral on my pictures houses many bells hidden inside (close to the public):
- 9 bronze bells from 16th to 18th c. made by German and Dutch masters,
- 17 modern bells added in 1967,
- 6 bells gifted by the archbishop of Cologne, Germany - cardinal Joachim Meisner - in 2002.
More Local Customs in Vilnius (76)
More Reviews (312)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels