"Don't Laugh, it's really a good place!" United States of America Things to Do Tip by PA2AKgirl

United States of America Things to Do: 953 reviews and 1,331 photos

Jeanette's dreams come true at Women's Rights NHP
by PA2AKgirl

The Women's Rights National Historical Park was a place we only intended to visit to get our park pass. But we stayed quite a while here because it's FUN. Being female, I'm all for women's rights (I suppose most people are), but I'm not extreme about it. AND you have to admit, this isn't something that can sell itself to the general public. So the visitor center is very interactive. And even better, it's interactive from circa 1984. There's this one video that sticks out in my mind--it plays 2 scenarios; one with a man talking about how he met this woman at a bar and even though she wasn't into going home with him at first, he finally talked her into it. The 2nd scenario is the same, but it's the woman who manipulated the man into coming home. The excuse the person being hit on gave was that the they had to get up for an early breakfast, so they couldn't come home with the other person. So, the best line is "Let's just say, s/he ended up having breakfast in my bed" hahahaha. There's big hair, tight jeans, blue makeup, leg warmers...everything that screams authentic 1980's. Anyway, the REAL point of this is to say whether you think the man or woman looks bad for trying to take someone home. I said no in both cases. I was in the minority. There's lots of other interactive things like this, they are all pretty entertaining.

Seneca Falls, NY is historically significant in the women's rights movement here in the US being where the 1st convention was held Perhaps you are familiar with Elizabeth Cady Stanton, the founder of the movement.

Address: 136 Fall St. Seneca Falls, NY
Directions: Exit 41 off the NY thruway
Phone: 315.568.2991
Website: http://www.nps.gov/wori

• Written Jun 1, 2004

Comments

PA2AKgirl Used To Live Here!

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Have you been to United States of America?