Baja Bean Company: "Mexican, anyone?" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Restaurant Tip by b1bob

Virginia Restaurants: 85 reviews and 165 photos

Baja Bean Company
by b1bob

It was Memorial Day and my friends Tim and Kristin were passing through here at suppertime en route from Ocean Isle, NC to Washington, DC. My first choice (La Casita) was closed on the holiday (I would have thought all restaurants would want to take advantage of all the traffic). However, Baja Bean Company was open, it was even closer than La Casita, and the prices were cheap. Because we were the only ones in the restaurant late that Monday night, Tim and Kristin were wondering what I got them into. It was my first time here too. While it doesn't go as far overboard with the ambience that La Casita and Chevy's in Northern Virginia, the food is still good. There are locations in Richmond, Charlottesville, and Staunton.

Favorite Dish: I personally enjoyed the combination no. 4, the beef taco and beef burrito which came with baja beans and rice. They could have put a dash of cumin in the baja beans. Tim had some enchiladas and Kristin chimed in with "build your own quesadilla".

Price Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Mexican

• Updated Jun 25, 2006

b1bob Lives Here!

Have you been to Virginia?