"Not pretty back" Top 5 Page for this destination Cathedral Tip by matcrazy1
Cathedral, Vilnius: 65 reviews and 122 photos
Look down southwards at the cathedral from the top of the Gediminas Tower. Well, it was the backside of the cathedral and it didn't look very pretty in my opinion.
Later I walked down to visit the cathedral and I found out that the cathedral was much more beautiful inside. I liked esp. the huge interior of the Chapel of St. Casimir. It was covered by large round dome seen on the bottom left on my picture. The second dome (on the bottom right) covered the sacristy/vestry which was closed to the public.
Address: Arsenalo gatve 5, Vilnius
Directions: On the top of the Gediminas Hill. It was difficult to get there by funicular: read my Warnings Or Dangers tip "No direction signs to funicular!!!" here.
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels