"The old town in... a forest" Top 5 Page for this destination Gediminas Castle Tip by matcrazy1
Gediminas Castle, Vilnius: 69 reviews and 130 photos
Look southwards at the old town from the top of the Gediminas Tower. Haha, looking at this direction, I would never guess that Vilnius population is over 550,000. The old town streches from the Gediminas (castle) Hill on the north far to the south.
From the above, the old town looked like placed inside a forest, at least in May - the most green month there. Well, that's partly right. Vilnius or rather its older part was surrounded by many parks and green areas but not the Soviet-style suburbs full of huge apartments buildings.
Address: Arsenalo gatve 5, Vilnius
Directions: On the top of the Gediminas Hill. It was difficult to get there by funicular: read my Warnings Or Dangers tip "No direction signs to funicular!!!" here.
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels